Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I read an article from the New York Times Magazine about high school seniors. The seniors were interviewed and asked where they saw themselves in ten years. I thought a lot of these seniors' plans were very unrealistic and deluded. Some of the students want to have difficult careers just so they can make a lot of money. For example the girl wanting to become an actress just wanted to do it to become famous. She does not really enjoy acting and she is probably not very talented. The girl wanting to be the neonatal nurse picked that career just so that she can earn a lot of money. She does not really enjoy working with infants. There were some seniors who were very serious about their futures though, such as the hair and makeup artist, the pilot, and the school counselor. I'm not sure where or who I want to be in ten years. It seems like everyone is asking me that question all the time now because this is the time when people are discussing colleges and careers and futures. I think I would like to live in a big city like Chicago maybe, but I really don't know. I just can't see myself in the rural country though. I've thought about maybe doing something with psychology or travel or Spanish or business... I'm just very undecided right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment