Friday, May 27, 2011

Final Reflection

This semester, I have read (for this Etymology class) a total of 2500 pages.  At the start of this semester, I liked reading for fun when I had time, but I mostly just read books for class.  This semester, I got a chance to read the books I enjoy for school, which was really fun.  I loved reading fantasy, romance, and mystery books and I usually  read books during vacation when I had time.  This semester, it was very easy to find books that interested me.  My sister loves books and she has many shelves of books in her room and around the house.  Luckily, we enjoy the same kind of books, so there are always new books and series for me to read. 

I never had trouble meeting the weekly page quota and many times I read more than what I had to in the week.  The only problem I had was blogging those pages.  When I read, I tend to want to finish the book in a couple of days.  But then I had to blog the book so I would split up the pages of the book into sections for each blog post.  It was difficult for me because I would then have to reread the section to know which section I was blogging and also because I felt like I had to put every important detail of the book into my blogs.  I really had a hard time shortening my blogs and not including everything in my summary.

When I read, I usually read in my room on my bed.  I can't have music on and I always shut my door because I hate being distracted when I read.  I love losing myself in a good book.  I find it hard, though, to read during the school year some because if I'm reading a good book, I want to keep reading and then I don't get my homework done.  My favorite time to read is during the summer.  I love reading on vacations whenever my family goes to Florida when I can read on the beach or by the pool.  I have no worries or responsibilities so I can just read and read until I want to stop.  It's common for me to read a whole series over spring break or on vacation.

At the beginning of the semester, I really disliked poetry.  I never really understood some of it and I avoided reading it whenever possible.  However, over the semester I learned how it's more of an art form instead of just rhyming words.  The way the poet expresses his or her ideas is different from any other poet.  I really enjoyed how we read a poem a day and how we really looked into analyzing some poems.  Now, I actually sort of like poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment